Can you believe it's June already? Every passing month seems to take me by surprise and I don't think i'm the only one. I woke up this morning and took a moment with my cup of tea to reflect on what a wonderfully mad month it's been, curious as to how we all manage to fit everything in. I decided that I'd like to acknowledge My May in today's post before it gets lost in the oblivion of my memory.
I'm a huge believer in giving yourself a pat on the back when you achieve your goals no matter how big or small and although it may not be very 'British' to share our achievements with others (why does it get labeled as bragging?! Can't we just be happy about something we've done?) I want to encourage everyone to look back at what you've managed in the last week, month or year and pat yourself on the back.
So here's the top 5 things (in no particular order) I'm proud to have achieved in May ...
1. It started with a Bang when an incredible article came out in The Metro, including a huge picture of me wrapped in my knitting and crammed into my loft.
2. I also had the honour of being invited to a hilarious long weekend knitting in the heat at notonthehighstreet's (NOTHS) first physical sales event, Open Door, where I was able to chat to people all day long about my crazy big knitting needles and show off what I do best.
3. Keeping the NOTHS love going, in mid-may they released their Brand Film, a 2 minute film showing how it all began, what they're all about and where they are now. And my excited little face pops up towards the end!
4. I got my act together and released Needles...
And Knit Kits! ...
So the world can join me in Giant Knitting!
5. And in between that I managed to continue planning my wedding (5 months to go!) Had visitors every weekend, Saw Coldplay at Radio 1's big weekend and took part in Jenny Hyde's Inspired Action business course (which has been a great help despite the fact I've done the majority of the work towards it in the early hours!)
Phew! When you write it all down and realise 'That was all this month?!' it feels like quite an accomplishment (to have survived!). I'd love to hear what you've been up to and what you achieved in May so please feel free to leave a comment underneath and know that I'm metaphorically patting you on the back for being aces, go on, have a 'brag'.
For daily updates and donut fun head over to instagram and say hello!