Join the Club
Hi You Guys!
I hope your week is going well, I've had such a busy one so far and this weekend I'm off to a wedding of one of my best friends so I'm super excited and not getting much done! Yesterday lunchtime I jetted off to London to an event at West Elm hosted my one of my Insta-pals Lisa Dawson and drove back to Devon the same night so that I could 'crack on with some work on Wednesday' (I can confirm that I only started work at 12pm.)
It was a total delight to finally meet Lisa in person, I touched her face and everything so I can confirm that she is a real person who exists in life as well as on Instagram. I also loved meeting Kerry Lockwood - by pure fluke Kerry won my first ever blanket giveaway and we are now proper good insta-friends (and OMG a nicer, sweeter human does not exist) it was such a treat to see Dee Campling again and to meet my lovely friend Katy who works for West Elm amongst so many other wonderful humans and sensational bloggers. What a top bunch of lasses!
To the point
Anyway, onto todays blog... Join the Club! In a post a few weeks ago (about Raising the Bar) I mentioned I'd started a Facebook group for customers who have purchased kits or patterns. Helen from The Creative Business Network encouraged me to do it - I was a bit nervous that it would be a flop and I'd just be chatting to myself in there but luckily she convinced me to give it a go and I'm so delighted I did. It's already turned into such a helpful and friendly community. Everyone is sharing their makes, their advice and their beautiful pictures of chunky knits (granted the hottest few weeks of the year aren't ideal for cardigans but it's so exciting to see everyone getting involved!)
So today I wanted to share some of the wonderful images with you and invite you to join in if you're a knitter (experienced or beginner) with a LAD kit or pattern. Everyone is welcome!
If that hasn't sold you on the idea then maybe some bullet points might...
6 Reasons It's Great-
- Community: It's a really friendly place where everyone's welcome to join in as little or much as they please.
- Advice: no question is a silly question - there are tips on knits, technique, yarn, and how to's from 'how does everyone unravel a new hank?' to 'Would I be able to knit a jumper?'
- Reassurance: It's been so lovely to see beginner knitters gain the confidence to try their first projects, with the reassurance and help of other members there's nothing they can't do and that makes me so happy.
- Inspiration: speaking of colour, if you are undecided it's so helpful to see things knitted up in different colours by someone other than me. It's definitely convinced me I NEED to make a mustard cardigan next to say the least!
- Freebies: I'm currently working on a pocket pattern just for the FB group. It'll be perfect for using up the left over yarn from the kit and who doesn't love a pocket??
- Offers: Whenever I launch any offers I will put them in the group - some will be exclusive and others will be shared their first.
Other Helpful Info
I've also finally managed to update my Knitting Knowledge page and if I may say so I'm rather proud of it! I'm still working on the cable knit videos because when I recorded them I was leaning around my tripod and frankly, my awkward angle made it look far more difficult than it actually is. Until I get round to it please take it from lovely Nicole from The Girl That Does when she posted in the FB group last week and said 'I’m good with cable, I made hand warmers earlier in the year and it’s so easy once you get going!' Yes you are Nicole *insert fist pump emoji here*
One thing I'm particularly proud of on the Knitting Knowledge page is the Mattress Stitch videos at the bottom - this is used for the Cardigan kit and I'm absolutely delighted with the groups feedback about how helpful they've been. Everyone's bossing their seams these days YAS.
Black Jumper kit in the making by Steph Anie,
Two tone Cardigan on it's way by Suzanne from Knittynaks (using Aquamarine and Light Grey)
& some amazing colour combos dreamed up by Tanya Miller <3
In short, I think it's a wonderful place to be and I hope you come and visit to get some inspiration, motivation, assistance....whatever you fancy :D
Hope to see you there!