Out of Office & Unconscious

Well Bugger Me,

So I popped into hospital on Friday last week to have my plaster cast changed to a funky fibreglass number (the plaster cast was on while it was swollen) and they decided to x-ray it to make sure all my bones are healing as they should be.... well, of course they aren't, that would be too convenient and we all know I'm more dramatic than that. Well it turns out I need an operation. With any luck by the time you read this I'll have had it and will be back in my own bed totally knocked out and clueless *crossing all the fingers I can*. 

Lauren Aston Cast.JPG

What now?

I didn't want to just not do a blog but as my days currently involve lying on the sofa in a grump I must admit I'm struggling for any conversation that isn't "I have an itch that I can't reach" (90% of the time it's somewhere under the cast but thank god I locked Alex down with marriage for the other 10%. The words 'in sickness or in health' are ringing in his ears these days!)

Back to my point - Essentially, thats my only topic of conversation and not only is it dull AF but I'm also bored to tears of talking about it all. SO I thought that this week I could share some old stuff that might be helpful to you. A round up of things I've previously done and discussed when typing was easy and my brain wasn't jelly. Basically, remember when I was vaguely interesting???

 

How To's

I love a how-to, an easy and free way to get inspired and do something new. These are my 3 most popular how-to's in case you're after a spruce up this summer! 

 You could learn how to knit! (obviously one of my favourite things to do) It's a year round activity that is great for mental health, creativity and gifts!

You could learn how to knit! (obviously one of my favourite things to do) It's a year round activity that is great for mental health, creativity and gifts!

 Decorating doesn't need to be a huge job, a splash of colour and throwing some pictures on the wall can change a room and feel so fresh and exciting!

Decorating doesn't need to be a huge job, a splash of colour and throwing some pictures on the wall can change a room and feel so fresh and exciting!

 Making a headboard is super easy and you get to use a staple/nail gun...whats not to like?

Making a headboard is super easy and you get to use a staple/nail gun...whats not to like?

 

Knit something fabulous

Once you know how to knit (whether you know already or followed my How To Knit guide above) you could knit up a storm this summer. Knitwear may be best for Autumn/Winter but they are fast approaching and summer evenings are the best time to settle down into a project so it's ready and waiting when you suddenly realise you need more layers! Here's my favourite knit kits in order of difficulty... (scarf, cardigan & jumper)

Knit Kit - Scarf & Snood
from 25.00

*Please note that orders are no longer guaranteed for Christmas delivery, but we'll try our best!*

The perfect beginners kit to knitting, everything you need to make a snood or a scarf in no time... 

Knit Kit - Dreamy Oversized Cardigan
from 65.00

*Please note that orders are no longer guaranteed for Christmas delivery, but we'll try our best!*

The best, softest chunky cardigan - and you can make it yourself with this beginners kit!

Knit Kit - Cable Knit Jumper
from 55.00

*Please note that orders are no longer guaranteed for Christmas delivery, but we'll try our best!*

Everything you need to create your own beautiful chunky cable knit jumper!

(and for good measure, another beginner kit for any interior fans...)

 

Small Businesses homework

I've also written a lot of blogs for small businesses with as much advice as I can from the many lessons I've learnt...

Inspiration: 

Lessons learnt:

Issues:

 

 

 

Brush up on your photography

The summer is such a brilliant time to enjoy photography as the days are longer and the light is generally better. Why not use the bright evenings to brush up on some photography and editing and see what you can create?...

 

Book something fun

Finally, theres literally only a few more tickets left for Creatival this year! It's going to be an amazing and inspiring day here in Devon for small businesses, I'll be there giving a talk and chatting to anyone who's there all day, let me know if you're coming or if you snag one of the last tickets! I'd LOVE to see you there. 

Find out more and book your tickets below...


 

Thanks for stopping by

I hope there was something of use for you in todays blog, thanks as always for stopping by and taking the time to read what I'm writing. I'll hopefully speak to you soon when I'm superhuman (aka what I have a metal plate in my arm) and am successfully recovering, fuelled by ice-cream and pringles. 

L x