Ethos and accessibility are important to us here at LAD. We are really aware that we need to do our bit for the environment. We try to source our supplies responsibly and as much as we can from the UK. We aren’t perfect and we’ve got a long way to go – if there is anything you can suggest for us to reduce our impact then we are all ears!
Some of the ways we try to make a difference in our ethos principles are;
- using reusable & recyclable packaging (we are working on making it all 100% sustainable)
- giving profits from certain products to charity
- promoting a slow fashion lifestyle and using our platform to encourage sustainability
- encouraging mindfulness and mental health awareness through the enjoyment of knitting
- growing our own awareness of what we can do to lessen our impact on the world
- educating ourselves on inclusivity and representation in business
- supporting the local community by providing as many jobs as we can
- promoting community and friendship with our customers – we want to nurture relationships rather than focus on sales
If you would like to talk to us in more detail about any of the above points, or can offer us any advice on our ethos, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We are keen to make sure that everyone has the same access to our knitting patterns, so if you would like a larger printed pattern we can provide a Word document option with larger text. If there is anything else we can do to assist in helping you access our website or patterns please do let us know.